What personal information does mercanix collect?
The information we gather from customers enables us to personalize and improve our services. We collect the following types of information from our customers:
Personal Information You Provide to Us
We may receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. The types of Personal Information collected include your full name, email address, IP address, browser information, username, password and any other information necessary for us to provide our services. You may choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many of our special features.The Personal Information you provide may be used for such purposes as responding to your requests for certain services, customizing the content you see, and communicating with you about new services.
Personal Information Collected Automatically
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with our Website or use our services. mercanix automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information, and the page you requested.
- Generally, our service automatically collects usage information, such as the numbers and frequency of visitors to our Website and its components, similar to TV ratings that indicate how many people watched a particular show. mercanix only uses this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, and not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often customers use parts of the Website or services so that we can make the Website appealing to as many customers as possible, and improve those services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our customers, collectively, use our Website or services. We may share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use the Website or services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience. Again, mercanix never discloses aggregate information to a partner in a manner that would identify you personally.
- We often receive a confirmation when you open an email from mercanix if your computer supports this type of program. mercanix uses this confirmation to help us make emails more interesting and helpful. We also compare our customer list to lists received from other companies, in an effort to avoid sending unnecessary messages to our customers.
- When you receive marketing and promotional e-mail from mercanix, you may opt out of receiving further e-mails of those types by following the included instructions to unsubscribe. Please note, however, that mercanix may send you administrative and customer service-related email messages for which you may not be given the option to unsubscribe. For example, you may receive messages about your account, the provisioning of requested services, system status update messages, and service and security announcements which are mandatory. If you no longer wish to receive administrative and customer-service-related email messages, you must deactivate your mercanix account.
Information from Other Sources
For purposes such as improving personalization of our service, we may receive information about you from other sources and add it to your account information. For instance, as part of the configuration of mercanix, your account administrator may provide information about you, in order to help you make best use of our system.
What About Cookies?
Will mercanix share any of the personal information it receives?
Personal Information about our customers is an integral part of our business. We neither rent nor sell your Personal Information to anyone. We share your Personal Information only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: We anticipate that we may become affiliated with a variety of businesses and work closely with them. In certain situations, these businesses may sell items to you through the Website. In other situations, mercanix may provide services jointly with affiliated businesses. You can easily recognize when an affiliated business is associated with your transaction, and we will share your Personal Information that is related to such transactions with that affiliated business.
- Agents: We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, mercanix’s agents do not have any right to use Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information for the above purposes.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if mercanix, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that mercanix goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, customer information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of mercanix may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
- Protection of mercanix and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with the law; enforce or apply our conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of mercanix, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With Your Account Administrators: Every mercanix account may have one or more account administrators who can configure and manage your mercanix account on behalf of you and your organization. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with your account administrators.
- With Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Conditions of Use
Third Party Websites
Is personal information about me secure?
Your mercanix account Personal Information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. You need to ensure that there is no unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
mercanix endeavours to protect user information to ensure that user account information is kept private, however, mercanix cannot guarantee the security of user account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What personal information can I access?
mercanix allows you to access some or all of the following information about you and in certain situations, updating that information. This list will change as the Website changes.
Account and user profile information
User e-mail address
If you are not the account administrator for the mercanix services, you may need to consult with your account administrator to view and/or update this information.
What choices do I have?
As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, even though it may be needed to take advantage of certain features of the Website and services.
You are able to add or update certain information on pages, such as those listed in the “What Personal Information Can I Access” section above. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
mercanix accounts may be deactivated by the billing administrator for an account, at which point the account and the data stored therein is treated in accordance with our Deletion Policy.
If you are not the administrator of your mercanix account, please consult your account Administrator for updating or removing your account.
Can children use mercanix's Services?
Our site and the services available through mercanix are not intended for children under the age of 13. mercanix does not knowingly or specifically collect information about children under the age of 13 and believes that children of any age should get their parents’ consent before giving out any personal information. We encourage you to participate in your child’s web experience. mercanix recommends that parents use Internet filtering technology to supervise their kids’ access to the Internet.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy on our Website, please send us a detailed message at email@example.com. We will make every effort to resolve your concerns.
Effective Date: April 13, 2011
7 Labatt Avenue
Toronto ON M5A 1Z1